When the cold winds of January blew in,
I caught a nasty cold or maybe it was flu?
My head hurt, my throat was sore, and I could not stop coughing.
I even lost my voice!
Couldn’t think, couldn’t write—I felt like I was dying.
And then, I remembered the curative power of Phở Gà
(Vietnamese chicken noodle soup).
Just a few miles from my house there is a wonderful restaurant called South Vietnam House. In the past few years, I have seen many people order Phở Gà to take home to an ailing family member—knowing that this tasty chicken noodle soup has the power to make colds shiver and retreat.
So, this time—
It was I who sent my kind husband out on a mission to bring home a bowl of healing Phở Gà. And now, thank goodness, I am feeling much better!
© Mary Strong-Spaid and Before I Forget/Stories with No Books, 2012-2022. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mary Strong-Spaid and Before I Forget/ Stories with No Books with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. NO REBLOGGING WITHOUT PERMISSION.
- Friendly Garden Spider
- Cardinals at the Dog Water Bowl Bird Bath
- Thoughts of a Natural Born Tree-Hugger
- Rising from the Dead in Spring
- Cat Clinging to the Edge of Normal
- Christmas Lion 2020
- Monarch Butterfly Stops in San Antonio Mid-November
- Entomology Summer Camp Hands-On Experience
- Siamese Cat Shelter-in-Place Guidelines
- Covid-19 Life in a Darkening World
- Strong Civil War Connection to Fredericksburg
- The Little Eyes of Texas
- Good Friends and Auld Lang Syne
- Pulte New Home Nightmare
- Labrador Retriever Riding in Style
- Foster Kitten’s Grateful Prayer
- On the Path of Wind and Water
- Christmas Cat on Night Patrol
- 81,969 hits
Top Posts & Pages
Join 2,253 other followers