My ability to type
and string words together
is currently squished beneath
a furry writer’s block.
I don’t see any letters
and numbers are hidden too,
but my little writer’s block
is purring warm and happy,
I don’t know what to do!
I do realize that
I can move my blocking cat
without much trouble
to a more convenient place.
But I didn’t want to see
an unhappy, grumpy face.
One blue cat eye speaks volumes!
It might be easier
to accept my fate
and permanently donate
this warm computer laptop
to my heat-seeking friend! ~ms
Honestly though, I must admit, this sweet cat is not in the way of writing at all. I am the source of my writer’s block. Staring out of winter cold windows, I keep thinking about those who have recently died due to random acts of terrorism. None of this makes any sense to me. I am beyond sad, and there are no words to adequately convey my sadness. God Bless us all…..
© Mary Strong-Spaid and Before I Forget/Stories with No Books, 2012-2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mary Strong-Spaid and Before I Forget/ Stories with No Books with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
NO REBLOGGING WITHOUT PERMISSION.
- Christmas Lion 2020
- Monarch Butterfly Stops in San Antonio Mid-November
- Entomology Summer Camp Hands-On Experience
- Siamese Cat Shelter-in-Place Guidelines
- Covid-19 Life in a Darkening World
- Strong Civil War Connection to Fredericksburg
- The Little Eyes of Texas
- Good Friends and Auld Lang Syne
- Pulte New Home Nightmare
- Labrador Retriever Riding in Style
- Foster Kitten’s Grateful Prayer
- On the Path of Wind and Water
- Christmas Cat on Night Patrol
- Marine Corps Reserve ‘Toys for Tots’ Christmas Magic
- Butterfly Love on a Leaf
- Hot Texas Summer Sun
- One Pink Wildflower
- Cat Warmth and Wisdom
- 74,639 hits
Top Posts & Pages