Birds watching people
at Kilauea Lighthouse
on the Island of Kauai.
I didn’t realize, until I uploaded my photos and took a closer look–that I was being closely observed. I thought I was watching the birds, never realizing that the birds were also interesting in watching me–one of the many people who had wandered into their territory that day.
The area around the Kilauea Lighthouse is also a wildlife sanctuary and a safe haven for numerous seabirds. Looking down from the lighthouse area, at times you will also be able to see dolphins, humpback whales, and Hawaiian monk seals. In the photo below (if you can zoom in on it), all of the small “white dots” on the mountainside are birds.
It is an absolutely beautiful place.
© Mary Strong-Spaid and Before I Forget/Stories with No Books, 2012-2023. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mary Strong-Spaid and Before I Forget/ Stories with No Books with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. NO REBLOGGING WITHOUT PERMISSION.
- Friendly Garden Spider
- Cardinals at the Dog Water Bowl Bird Bath
- Thoughts of a Natural Born Tree-Hugger
- Rising from the Dead in Spring
- Cat Clinging to the Edge of Normal
- Christmas Lion 2020
- Monarch Butterfly Stops in San Antonio Mid-November
- Entomology Summer Camp Hands-On Experience
- Siamese Cat Shelter-in-Place Guidelines
- Covid-19 Life in a Darkening World
- Strong Civil War Connection to Fredericksburg
- The Little Eyes of Texas
- Good Friends and Auld Lang Syne
- Pulte New Home Nightmare
- Labrador Retriever Riding in Style
- Foster Kitten’s Grateful Prayer
- On the Path of Wind and Water
- Christmas Cat on Night Patrol
- 83,313 hits
Top Posts & Pages
Join 2,254 other subscribers
absolutely beautiful !
Thanks….and I really enjoy the photos that you have posted on your blog. They are awesome.
Like your new profile photo!
It was one of my better days… 🙂