Birds watching people
at Kilauea Lighthouse
on the Island of Kauai.
I didn’t realize, until I uploaded my photos and took a closer look–that I was being closely observed. I thought I was watching the birds, never realizing that the birds were also interesting in watching me–one of the many people who had wandered into their territory that day.
The area around the Kilauea Lighthouse is also a wildlife sanctuary and a safe haven for numerous seabirds. Looking down from the lighthouse area, at times you will also be able to see dolphins, humpback whales, and Hawaiian monk seals. In the photo below (if you can zoom in on it), all of the small “white dots” on the mountainside are birds.
It is an absolutely beautiful place.
© Mary Strong-Spaid and Before I Forget/Stories with No Books, 2012-2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mary Strong-Spaid and Before I Forget/ Stories with No Books with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
NO REBLOGGING WITHOUT PERMISSION.
- Good Friends and Auld Lang Syne
- Pulte New Home Nightmare
- Labrador Retriever Riding in Style
- Foster Kitten’s Grateful Prayer
- On the Path of Wind and Water
- Christmas Cat on Night Patrol
- Marine Corps Reserve ‘Toys for Tots’ Christmas Magic
- Butterfly Love on a Leaf
- Hot Texas Summer Sun
- One Pink Wildflower
- Cat Warmth and Wisdom
- Autumn Pampas Grass Magic
- Grasshopper Camouflage
- Virginia to Texas through Hail and High Water
- Disco Disaster
- Valentine’s Day Wrapped in Memories
- Winter’s Shroud Descending
- WordPress Worldwide Family
- 60,252 hits
Top Posts & Pages