Botanical Name: Anthurium andraeanum
Although this flower is native to South America (Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Peru), the first time that I saw Anthurium was when I was visiting Hawaii.
At first, I didn’t think it was real—I couldn’t stop staring.
I reached out, touched it, and found it was live!
So I took a picture. Pictures last longer (or so I am told).
Such an interesting flower!
Purely and simply
Reminding me of something…
No need to say what.
© Mary Strong-Spaid and Before I Forget/Stories with No Books, 2012-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mary Strong-Spaid and Before I Forget/ Stories with No Books with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
NO REBLOGGING WITHOUT PERMISSION.
- Christmas Cat on Night Patrol
- Marine Corps Reserve ‘Toys for Tots’ Christmas Magic
- Butterfly Love on a Leaf
- Hot Texas Summer Sun
- One Pink Wildflower
- Cat Warmth and Wisdom
- Autumn Pampas Grass Magic
- Grasshopper Camouflage
- Virginia to Texas through Hail and High Water
- Disco Disaster
- Valentine’s Day Wrapped in Memories
- Winter’s Shroud Descending
- WordPress Worldwide Family
- Car Creativity Unleashed
- My Furry Writer’s Block
- Autumn Leaves Shapeshifting
- Chicken Selfies
- Seasons at Celebrate Virginia – Beautiful Apartments
- 55,106 hits
Top Posts & Pages