Halloween is an opportunity (and a perfect excuse) for people to dress up and become what they usually are not. Last year, when a stray werewolf jumped out in front of me, his appearance immediately took my breath away. The simple addition of a hairy rubber mask and hands had successfully unleashed his inner beast. Power! The transformation from civilized man into wild animal was complete—until he stopped growling and allowed me to take his picture.
Then, alas, the spell was broken.
A week from now, October 31st, 2012, it will be Halloween night once again. People are already decorating their houses and yards with spider webs, jack-o-lanterns, ghosts, and other spooky things. Children are trying on their costumes and practicing frightening poses, sometimes scaring themselves and the family pet too (actually, in spite of the mask, the dog in this photo recognized the young boy almost immediately).
I know it’s going to be great fun, on the night when imagination runs wild, to watch the known and unknown come out to play once more!
© Mary Strong-Spaid and Before I Forget/Stories with No Books, 2012-2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mary Strong-Spaid and Before I Forget/ Stories with No Books with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
NO REBLOGGING WITHOUT PERMISSION.
- Christmas Lion 2020
- Monarch Butterfly Stops in San Antonio Mid-November
- Entomology Summer Camp Hands-On Experience
- Siamese Cat Shelter-in-Place Guidelines
- Covid-19 Life in a Darkening World
- Strong Civil War Connection to Fredericksburg
- The Little Eyes of Texas
- Good Friends and Auld Lang Syne
- Pulte New Home Nightmare
- Labrador Retriever Riding in Style
- Foster Kitten’s Grateful Prayer
- On the Path of Wind and Water
- Christmas Cat on Night Patrol
- Marine Corps Reserve ‘Toys for Tots’ Christmas Magic
- Butterfly Love on a Leaf
- Hot Texas Summer Sun
- One Pink Wildflower
- Cat Warmth and Wisdom
- 74,639 hits
Top Posts & Pages