Cloudy day ending
in a sudden burst of light,
spilling bright orange
into watery shadows
as twilight dissolves
into darkness approaching
on an autumn night. ~ms
© Mary Strong-Spaid and Before I Forget/Stories with No Books, 2012-2023. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mary Strong-Spaid and Before I Forget/ Stories with No Books with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. NO REBLOGGING WITHOUT PERMISSION.
- Friendly Garden Spider
- Cardinals at the Dog Water Bowl Bird Bath
- Thoughts of a Natural Born Tree-Hugger
- Rising from the Dead in Spring
- Cat Clinging to the Edge of Normal
- Christmas Lion 2020
- Monarch Butterfly Stops in San Antonio Mid-November
- Entomology Summer Camp Hands-On Experience
- Siamese Cat Shelter-in-Place Guidelines
- Covid-19 Life in a Darkening World
- Strong Civil War Connection to Fredericksburg
- The Little Eyes of Texas
- Good Friends and Auld Lang Syne
- Pulte New Home Nightmare
- Labrador Retriever Riding in Style
- Foster Kitten’s Grateful Prayer
- On the Path of Wind and Water
- Christmas Cat on Night Patrol
- 83,313 hits
Top Posts & Pages
Join 2,254 other subscribers
Thanks Naresh !
All of the orange leaves have now turned to brown, so I guess the sky picked up the orange theme in memory….
Brown and covering my lawn, that is. I’ve got a virtual sea of fallen leaves just waiting for me! 🙂
Just beautiful. Looking forward to your next poem!
The photo is breathtaking! Thanks also for stopping by my blog.
Thanks Barb. I enjoyed looking through your photos and seeing the beautiful changing skies outside your window at the Sooke Harbour House on Vancouver Island. My “orange autumn sunset” was taken at the National Harbor in Maryland (close to Washington, D.C.).
Thank you Ed!
Thank you for checking out my blog! Your photography is beautiful! Thanks for sharing…xoxo
beautiful photo and the words go well with it. 🙂
Nice pic, very fitting with the poem. Excellent diction as well!
You have such a beautiful blog
Thanks so much for the compliment, Patty!