Where is our bread?
You brought a camera instead?
How thoughtless is that!
Have you anything to say
in your own defense
before we quack you away?
I do have something to say.
You don’t need more bread.
Living in a pond
behind a nice restaurant,
the leftover food
must have affected your head.
So, I’ll take a stand…
I refuse to accept your
duck quack reprimand!
All of the birds here
are getting a little fat.
You’re not hungry, not starving,
so don’t be upset
because I’ve no bread
and be happy I’m holding
my camera instead. ~ms
© Mary Strong-Spaid and Before I Forget/Stories with No Books, 2012-2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mary Strong-Spaid and Before I Forget/ Stories with No Books with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
NO REBLOGGING WITHOUT PERMISSION.
- Thoughts of a Natural Born Tree-Hugger
- Rising from the Dead in Spring
- Cat Clinging to the Edge of Normal
- Christmas Lion 2020
- Monarch Butterfly Stops in San Antonio Mid-November
- Entomology Summer Camp Hands-On Experience
- Siamese Cat Shelter-in-Place Guidelines
- Covid-19 Life in a Darkening World
- Strong Civil War Connection to Fredericksburg
- The Little Eyes of Texas
- Good Friends and Auld Lang Syne
- Pulte New Home Nightmare
- Labrador Retriever Riding in Style
- Foster Kitten’s Grateful Prayer
- On the Path of Wind and Water
- Christmas Cat on Night Patrol
- Marine Corps Reserve ‘Toys for Tots’ Christmas Magic
- Butterfly Love on a Leaf
- 77,723 hits
Top Posts & Pages