Sitting on cat chairs
’cause they all belong to me.
You could have claimed one
but it’s too late now, you see.
After warming this blueness,
don’t ask me to go.
With my own claws and cat hair,
I shaped it just so! ~ms
In truth, Siri (who I fondly call “Seaweed”) is the sweetest and most trusting cat that we have ever had. We adopted her from the Siamese Cat Rescue Center a year and a half ago. She was found taped up in a box with several other kittens, with only 5 small holes punched in the top for air. She could have died in there. If a human had been that cruel to me, I would never have trusted another person again. But Siri has totally forgiven the world for any unkindness that she endured. It is the middle of the night and she is lying right here—watching out for me.
© Mary Strong-Spaid and Before I Forget/Stories with No Books, 2012-2022. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mary Strong-Spaid and Before I Forget/ Stories with No Books with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. NO REBLOGGING WITHOUT PERMISSION.
- Cardinals at the Dog Water Bowl Bird Bath
- Thoughts of a Natural Born Tree-Hugger
- Rising from the Dead in Spring
- Cat Clinging to the Edge of Normal
- Christmas Lion 2020
- Monarch Butterfly Stops in San Antonio Mid-November
- Entomology Summer Camp Hands-On Experience
- Siamese Cat Shelter-in-Place Guidelines
- Covid-19 Life in a Darkening World
- Strong Civil War Connection to Fredericksburg
- The Little Eyes of Texas
- Good Friends and Auld Lang Syne
- Pulte New Home Nightmare
- Labrador Retriever Riding in Style
- Foster Kitten’s Grateful Prayer
- On the Path of Wind and Water
- Christmas Cat on Night Patrol
- Marine Corps Reserve ‘Toys for Tots’ Christmas Magic
- 80,175 hits
Top Posts & Pages