The spirit of Christmas
put a warm arm around me
and suddenly I believed.
This year, the Veteran’s Club in our community coordinated a drive for donations of new, unwrapped toys for the Marine Corps Reserve ‘Toys for Tots’ program. The loving response of the people here was incredible. By the time the representatives from the Marines and Santa Claus arrived in mid-December, there were 11 boxes of toys to give them, and each box was filled to the brim and overflowing. It was easy to see that the true spirit of Christmas had been hard at work!
To end our Toys for Tots drive, we had a joyful celebration —which included Santa and the Marines (of course), and good music, food, and drink.
Everyone in the room was smiling–because we all knew that, due to all of the donated toys, many less-fortunate children would now awaken to a wonderful Christmas day. Someone out there even got a unicorn, a magical sight to be sure! 🙂
Merry Christmas to all!
© Mary Strong-Spaid and Before I Forget/Stories with No Books, 2012-2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mary Strong-Spaid and Before I Forget/ Stories with No Books with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
NO REBLOGGING WITHOUT PERMISSION.
- Entomology Summer Camp Hands-On Experience
- Siamese Cat Shelter-in-Place Guidelines
- Covid-19 Life in a Darkening World
- Strong Civil War Connection to Fredericksburg
- The Little Eyes of Texas
- Good Friends and Auld Lang Syne
- Pulte New Home Nightmare
- Labrador Retriever Riding in Style
- Foster Kitten’s Grateful Prayer
- On the Path of Wind and Water
- Christmas Cat on Night Patrol
- Marine Corps Reserve ‘Toys for Tots’ Christmas Magic
- Butterfly Love on a Leaf
- Hot Texas Summer Sun
- One Pink Wildflower
- Cat Warmth and Wisdom
- Autumn Pampas Grass Magic
- Grasshopper Camouflage
- 69,957 hits
Top Posts & Pages