On a leafless branch
the bluebird of happiness
sits glaring at me.
Happiness I once was
he sang with a voice
of cool blue consternation.
But you did not notice
because your thoughts were focused
on decaying, dying leaves.
There is more to life than death,
and more to death than dead.
Every shadow comes from light
not the darkness in your head.
Happiness ……wake up! ~ms
© Mary Strong-Spaid and Before I Forget/Stories with No Books, 2012-2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mary Strong-Spaid and Before I Forget/ Stories with No Books with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
NO REBLOGGING WITHOUT PERMISSION.
- The Little Eyes of Texas
- Good Friends and Auld Lang Syne
- Pulte New Home Nightmare
- Labrador Retriever Riding in Style
- Foster Kitten’s Grateful Prayer
- On the Path of Wind and Water
- Christmas Cat on Night Patrol
- Marine Corps Reserve ‘Toys for Tots’ Christmas Magic
- Butterfly Love on a Leaf
- Hot Texas Summer Sun
- One Pink Wildflower
- Cat Warmth and Wisdom
- Autumn Pampas Grass Magic
- Grasshopper Camouflage
- Virginia to Texas through Hail and High Water
- Disco Disaster
- Valentine’s Day Wrapped in Memories
- Winter’s Shroud Descending
- 61,692 hits
Top Posts & Pages