When the cold winds of January blew in,
I caught a nasty cold or maybe it was flu?
My head hurt, my throat was sore, and I could not stop coughing.
I even lost my voice!
Couldn’t think, couldn’t write—I felt like I was dying.
And then, I remembered the curative power of Phở Gà
(Vietnamese chicken noodle soup).
Just a few miles from my house there is a wonderful restaurant called South Vietnam House. In the past few years, I have seen many people order Phở Gà to take home to an ailing family member—knowing that this tasty chicken noodle soup has the power to make colds shiver and retreat.
So, this time—
It was I who sent my kind husband out on a mission to bring home a bowl of healing Phở Gà. And now, thank goodness, I am feeling much better!
© Mary Strong-Spaid and Before I Forget/Stories with No Books, 2012-2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mary Strong-Spaid and Before I Forget/ Stories with No Books with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
NO REBLOGGING WITHOUT PERMISSION.
- Strong Civil War Connection to Fredericksburg
- The Little Eyes of Texas
- Good Friends and Auld Lang Syne
- Pulte New Home Nightmare
- Labrador Retriever Riding in Style
- Foster Kitten’s Grateful Prayer
- On the Path of Wind and Water
- Christmas Cat on Night Patrol
- Marine Corps Reserve ‘Toys for Tots’ Christmas Magic
- Butterfly Love on a Leaf
- Hot Texas Summer Sun
- One Pink Wildflower
- Cat Warmth and Wisdom
- Autumn Pampas Grass Magic
- Grasshopper Camouflage
- Virginia to Texas through Hail and High Water
- Disco Disaster
- Valentine’s Day Wrapped in Memories
- 65,186 hits
Top Posts & Pages